1,063 total views, 2 views today
4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
Interaction with Alumni and Parents
Dear Parents and members of the Alumni association,On the behalf of Dr. T. K. Tope Arts and Commerce Night College, Parel, I cordially invite you for an interaction with the NAAC Peer Team on Friday, 10th February 2017 at 4:30 pm in the afternoon in the College premises. The Peer team consists of four dignitaries deputed by the NAAC. The NATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND ACCREDITATION COUNCIL (NAAC) is an autonomous body established by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India to assess and accredit institutions of higher education in the country. Its headquarters are in Bengaluru, Karnataka. NAAC accredited us with ‘B’ grade in 2010. This time we hope for a better accreditation. We solicit your cooperation in this endeavour. The Self Study Report sent to NAAC is attached four your information:- NAAC - SSR Report - 2016 (TKT College - 5) Supriya Gaikwad Shubharaj P. Buwa V. B. Rokade Assisstant Professor Associate Professor Principal Accountancy Political Science
About Dr. RedkarEighteen years of teaching experience - Since 2008 she is working as the Head of the Department (I/C) of Political Science at the Post Graduate section of SNDT University at Churchgate campus and before that she worked in the undergraduate section for ten years since 1998. She is active in academic, social and political circles and an author of three books, wrote numerous articles in periodicals like Samaj Prabodhan Patrika, Watsaru, Andolan, Satyagrahi, and also translated few articles (English to Marathi) She is a member of the following institutions in SNDT Women's University:-
- Board of Studies of Political Science
- Research Recognition Committee
- Academic Council
- Canadian Study Centre
- Coordinator and later member of Curriculum Development Team for India Studies Programme
- Committee for writing history of SNDT Women's University
First of all read about The Common European Framework of Reference designed to objectively test the level of your language skills. The British Council in India offers many courses in English Go through this test to find out your English level Besides the tests the site contains many interesting videos such as this and this Other tools
- Download a free dictionary for your PC or Android phone
- Learn English using Hindi as your primary language at Duolingo site
- Unlimited Idioms and Phrases
- Subscribe to A Word A Day and get a word daily into your email box.
- Check synonyms and antonyms at Thesauraus.com
- Check your vocabulary and donate rice to the needy by playing this quiz created by the United Nations World Food Programme
- Use and contribute to this service by Google - Google translate
- If you use Chrome browser for net surfing then Google dictionary extension comes in handy - a perfect choice. You can see meaning and synonyms of a term/word instantly by clicking the word. Pronunciation is also available. Just click the above link and add the extension to your Chrome browser.
- Simply add the term "definition" to any word and search for it you will get a detailed meaning and translation of the word - another Google service.
- Build your own vocabulary in a spreadsheet/document or use apps available on your mobile. Apps provide extra functionalities such as flash cards for testing your vocabulary.
"As students of international relations you must always try to see beyond what the media tells you about international events." -Mr. Rishi Kapoor Political Officer US Consulate, Mumbai.He was speaking at the Library Orientation Programme for TYBA Political Science students of Dr. T. K. Tope Arts and Commerce Night College at the American Library on 18th March 2016. Sushma Karnik, Director of the American Library and Technical services librarian Simran Nagra organised the programme for us. In a detailed presentation Simran Nagra explained all the facilities available to the students in the library. 21 students participated in the programme. All of them were offered complimentary membership of the library for one year which also includes access to online database. 3.1 million is the number of Indian Americans staying in USA according to the US census and that indicates the depth of Indo-US relations said Mr. Shubharaj P. Buwa, Associate Professor, Political Science while delivering the vote of thanks. Complete list of participating students:- Dipesh Gorule, Manish Parkar, Pradeep Patankar, Pritam Shinge, Vikrant Arbone, Rajesh Gawari, Rajesh Ghadi, Ankita Jadhav, Rupesh Kadam, Meenakshi Kalbate, Maruti Khot, Vijay Kijbile, Nitin Kulaye, Supriya Patil, Mahesh Salunkhe, Ashwini Sargar, Vinay Sawant, Govinda Swami, Paragam Varishe, Sumeet Gade, Nitin Gaikwad
Director, Centre for Central Eurasian Studies , University of MumbaiTalk on: - India – Russia relations Medium: - Marathi For Class: - TYBA Political Science (a group of about 25 students) Date:- Wednesday, 24th February, 2016 Time:- 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm (One hour of talk and a brief question answer session) Click here to download the audio file of the lecture.
(Recording by Vijay Kijbile)
About the GuestProf. Dr. Sanjay Deshpande is the Director of the Centre for Central Eurasian Studies, University of Mumbai. The Centre offers 4 papers at M.A. level in combination with other social science disciplines such as Economics, Politics, History, Sociology, and Geography and Mass communications.
After the disintegration of the Soviet Union the emergence of the Commonwealth of Independent States has acquired major significance in the academic circles because of its regional importance, energy resources and ethnic volatility. All the developments in that region are of great interest to India. The Centre for Central Eurasian Studies therefore has shifted its earlier focus from being exclusively Soviet/Russia centric to the periphery, taking into consideration their significance in international scene. The research activities carried out in the Centre pay special attention to various issues involved in these areas: economic and political changes, demographic situation, ethnic conflict, gender issues, human rights aspects, security and terrorism. The academic activities in the Centre are basically oriented towards understanding the ongoing socio-economic political, cultural and ethnic problem. In the conference and seminars organized by the Center emphasis is laid also on Indo-Russian relations and Indo-Central Asian Relations. The scholars in the Centre are also paying attention to the issues like energy, security, geo-politics, ethnicity, nationality problems and geo-economics in Central Eurasia. These issues constitute the thrust area of the research, documentation and publication of the Centre for Central Eurasian Studies. The Centre promotes interdisciplinary research and teaching on social, economic, political, ethno-national and foreign policy problems of the countries of the post-Soviet space. -From the official brochure of the centre.
Talk on: - Nationalism of Ravindranath Tagore Medium: - Marathi For Class: - TYBA Political Science Date:- Tuesday, 23rd February, 2016 Time:- 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm (One hour of talk and a brief question answer session)
About the lecturer
Dr. Swati Pitale
Department of Political Science
Shailendra Education Society's Arts, Commerce and Science College,
Shailendra Nagar, Dahisar(E) Mumbai-400 068M.A., APGDUM (Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Management, YASHDA, Pune), Ph. D.
- Completed one orientation and three refresher courses with ‘A’ grade.
- Completed a short term course in research methodology.
- Recognized as Ph.D Guide in the subject of Politics by the University of Mumbai.
- Recognized teacher for P.G. Course in Political Science of the University of Mumbai.
- Completed Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations from Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan.
- Completed Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Urban studies from Yashada, Pune
- Sanctioned UGC Minor Research Project
- Member of Syllabus Committee of Board of Studies of Politics Paper V of T.Y.B.A. 2013-2014
- Co-authored a text book for TYBA on “Political Thought”.
- Organised an international seminar on Rise of New Russia in collaboration with the Department of Civics and Politics, University of Mumbai and the Centre for Central Eurasian studies, University of Mumbai.in February 2016.
Examination Time Table :- April 2016 - First and Third Semester ATKT